Wharton, TX 77488
Salary: $1,000.00 to $1,500.00 /month
Kapeesh Marketing, LLC aims to be the leading small business marketing agency in southeast Texas. Big goals for such a small operation, right? Before we can achieve this goal, we need to build a solid team on which we can rely.
Our Wharton, TX-based team manages website, blog, social media, online review, and other accounts for dozens of local businesses (and businesses across the nation too!) We pride ourselves on offering tiered, affordable solutions to small businesses and “mom and pops” who previously believed such services were only available at a premium through big city agencies.
We love proving people wrong – especially when it benefits our local communities and economy.
Come mix it up with us!
The Creative Director (CD) is responsible for overseeing and ensuring outstanding quality of all creative products produced, presented, and delivered to clients by Kapeesh Marketing, LLC. The Creative Director works closely with and directly under the Marketing Director.
The Creative Director is the embodiment of the agency’s creative talents and abilities which represents crucial attributes of the Kapeesh Marketing team.
Directorship at Kapeesh Marketing entails intelligent collaboration. Our culture is not to follow blindly, but to question constructively and to create and manage expectations of our team and clients. As a growing agency, we expect feedback and suggestions to mold ourselves into a successful, forward-thinking organization.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Senior creative leadership for projects within the agency providing both a holistic overview as well as a detailed understanding of how design relates to client strategy
- Gaining/maintaining familiarity with the clients’ industry, products, business culture and competition
- Provide creative inspiration, direction, mentorship, coaching, guidance and performance management/reviews to creative team members, ensuring each team member produces the highest quality of work which leads to results and lasting client relationships
- Plays an active role in business development and Kapeesh Marketing’s growth initiatives
- Working to build and nurture long-term client relationships
- Understands advertising, digital, and media industry trends/developments and uses this knowledge to present business building ideas for the client and the agency
- Able to articulate to Directors, clients, and team members the rationale behind each design strategy or concept
- Work with the Marketing Team to identify solutions through creative and marketing strategies
- When possible, represent Kapeesh Marketing at events to find prospective clients and employees while emanating a professional manner and appearance
- Supervisory responsibilities include carrying out related responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and objectives.
- Collaborates with Executive Directors on HR-related issues including hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding team members, and addressing problems
- Lead and mentor the creative team in developing brands, campaigns and individual deliverables
- Leads the creative process from inception through the review phases of the creative plan
- Nurture talent while working to grow their knowledge and skills
- Adheres to the stated workflow and processes of our company
- Identify strengths and weaknesses within the agency and offer solutions that make financial and procedure sense
The Creative Director reports directly to the Marketing Director and is responsible for overseeing members of the Creative Team: Copywriters, Content Curators, Web Developers, among others to be named in agency documentation. The CD may also collaborate with the Operations Director on special projects and HR-related processes.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas to others through written, drawn and verbal means, particularly to the Creative Team, Marketing Team, and clients when necessary.
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite and working knowledge of Basecamp 3, Slack, and Google Drive. Ability to research, test, and demo new technologies as they arise.
- Must have or show an ability to acquire industry-specific knowledge: familiarity with Kapeesh Marketing terminology, processes, and emerging/relevant technology and social/media channels.
- Show interest in working alongside Directors to build and mold our agency as we experience growth. This includes suggestions for policies, pricing, and processes.
- Functional expertise within Agency or in-house Creative 5+ years
- Leading and mentoring teams, projects 5+ years
- Relationship management with business partners 5+ years
HOURS & AVAILABILITY
This is a virtual position with some expectation to visit our Wharton office for meetings,
collaboration, training, or events when needed. At most, we estimate 2 visits per month to be adequate. Most communication will be done via Slack, phone, email, Basecamp, or UberConference.
2-4 hours per weekday may be an adequate amount of time for an organized, mindful Creative Director to check in on all projects, review status, and liaison with clients or Marketing Director.
The Creative Director is expected to be relatively responsive via inter-office communication technologies (Slack, Basecamp) as well as by phone or office email during work hours, which are Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Based on current and projected client workload, Executive Directors are working to structure a net revenue share compensation plan that takes experience and workload into consideration. Kapeesh Marketing, LLC is committed to offering a fair monthly salary that is balanced with our agency’s size, growth plans, and the position’s requirements.
Additional benefits include mileage reimbursement, business cards and apparel, paid continuing education, among other benefits.